Perfect In Case of Slips or Falls
Get Security and Protection for Yourself or Your Loved ones with our Medical Alert Systems.
Stay Safe in Your Own Home.
Don’t Delay – Call Today for More Info!
Call hours – Open 24/7
Medical alert system is an easy-to-use personal response service that lets you summon help any time of the day or night ” even if you can’t speak. All you have to do is press your Personal Help Button, worn on a wristband or pendant, and a trained Personal Response Associate will ensure you get help fast. That’s why medical alert system provides the #1 Medical Alert Service to offer you something else: peace of mind.
Dependability is key to peace of mind. That’s why doctors, hospitals, and professional caregivers trust our Medical Alert Service.
Benefits of Medical Alert System in El Monte California
The experts we consulted recommend looking for a medical alert system that meets all or most of these criteria.
It works for a user’s specific disability. For example, a stroke survivor may need a device he or she can activate with one hand.
It offers a choice of a wristband and/or neck pendant. Cords worn around the neck can pose a strangulation risk; wristbands may irritate those with skin ailments.
It includes help buttons that can be wall-mounted near the floor in multiple rooms in case the user falls and isn’t wearing the pendant.
It offers multiple choices for whom to contact if you need help, from emergency services to a friend or relative who lives nearby.
It has a battery backup in case of a power failure.
The base station can be contacted from anywhere on your property”even in your yard or at your mailbox.
The company has its own monitoring center, in the U.S., and employs its own trained emergency operators (rather than contracting that function out).
The monitoring center has been certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL), a nonprofit safety and consulting company.
El Monte Medical Alert System
El Monte Medical Alert System
6 out of
Questions about the Personal Emergency Response System
1. Does this medical alert system work with VOIP (voice over internet protocol) telephone services? If you have Comcast or Verizon cable at home, chances are that you might also be using them for your (home) phone service. If that’s the case, you are likely are using a VOIP plan (just as we do with Vonage, another major VOIP provider). Many of the traditional medical alert system providers recommend checking with your home (VOIP) phone provider to see whether they offer local 911 (and other) services. So keep this in mind, and ask*. (*Note: The alert system providers will know about their compatibility with the major phone service providers.)
2. What is the range of my alert system? MOST of the major medical alert system providers have the following components included in their “systems”. A base station and a pendent of some kind (necklace – worn around the neck, belt clip, or wrist watch like device. The myHalo system even has a chest strap). MOST of the pendants need to communicate (wirelessly) with a base station that is connected to your home phone line. So, you need to know the range of that pendant to the base station. Usually this range covers most normal sized homes, and is in the neighborhood of 400-600 feet. After installation be sure to test out the range inside (and outside) the home.
3. Does someone install this for me, or do I do it myself? Many manufacturers have sales/marketing representatives that will come to your home and install/test the system for you. They usually charge a one time set-up fee for this service so ask about that fee is ahead of time! If all they do is send the alert system to you, make sure there is ample literature (on and off line) for assistance with set-up AND testing. Always TEST your medical alert system before using it.
4. Do I need a land line to use this medical alert system? In most cases the answer will be YES, but there are a few exceptions. For example, The MobileHelp Medical Alert System has a small hand-held device that connects to AT&T Wireless for use outside the home (anywhere covered by AT&T). To use their pendant (small necklace) device around the home, you still need a land line however. Also, The Wellcore Personal Emergency Response System boasts the ability to interface with some cell phones to extend the range of their device outside the home.
5. Who staffs your call center, where are they located, and what are the average response times? OK, this is a bit of a loaded question, because “outsourcing” call centers has been a trend that many, many companies take advantage of. Frankly, I’ve found great service from call centers all over the world, and the only thing you need to be wary of here is PERFORMANCE.
Nearest Medical System to You In Los Angeles County 91731
How to pick the right one in CA
Medical alarm systems for seniors can mean the difference between life and death. Each year, more than one-third of senior citizens living alone experience a fall. This is a terrifying event if the person has to spend hours or days on the floor with no help. This or any other type of emergency requires immediate medical attention. Receiving immediate care decreases the level of sustained injuries and increases the chances of survival.
Literally having a medical alarm system at your fingertips ensures prompt medical care in an emergency. Many seniors fear falling when no one is around. This causes many to limit their daily activities. A reduction in physical fitness and mobility can increase the risk of falling. Further, inactivity reduces the quality of life for many seniors.
The security of a medical alert system removes the daily risks for many seniors. A medical alert system from companies such as Monitor Me helps thousands of seniors regain their independence, sense of security and quality of life.
In the age of the cell phone, many seniors might think a medical alert system is redundant. Unlike a cell phone that is subject to dropped calls, a medical alert system is designed to be reliable and simple to use. Even during a stressful situation, all a senior citizen has to do is press a button. He or she is immediately connected to a certified EMT who assesses the situation and provides paramedics with pertinent information.
Everyone does not carry a cell phone constantly. However, the pendant that comes with the alert system can be worn as a necklace or bracelet. Further, not many cell phones continue to work after being submerged in water. The pendant is waterproof and can be worn in slippery places where an accident might happen.
Compared to a cell phone that requires charging, medical alert systems come with a battery backup. Even when the power goes out, the system will continue to operate. A prompt connection occurs each time the button is pushed.
How a Medical Alert System helps you?
Consider a situation when you are taking a bath and suddenly you feel congestion in your heart, and are about to collapse. Or you suffer from epileptic fits, and are on your way to the market when you sense one is coming. In such life-threatening situations, the patients and their family members remain tense every moment and are therefore nagged by a feeling of insecurity that takes away their peace of mind, making it hard to focus on daily life. This demoralizing situation becomes worse with every passing day. This is where the Medical Alert Alarms come to your rescue, to restore your confidence and the feeling of security.
There are only a few things in this world that cannot be avoided, and aging is one of these things. The lifeline medical alert system is a special type of medical device that is designed to help save lives. The systems are linked to emergency response teams, in the event that a senior requires additional care. The systems are easy to operate. They are designed to be worn by the individual who has them. With a built in voice communicator, the systems can detect your voice, when you push a button for assistance. The easy push button will route you to an individual that can help you with whatever situation you are in.
The lifeline medical alert system is a great product that has helped millions of people all around the world. Allowing for an aging parent or an individual who has physical needs to still feel like they have their independence is a huge deal. People do not like to have to rely on someone else to consistently help them. With personal emergency response systems, the individual does not have to. They can live their own life and reach out for help if they need it.